James Salter from Zennor Asset Management talks to Jeremy Gordon, Investment Editor of Citywire about the lessons learned in a long career spent investing in Japan and the opportunity that exists in Japanese equities today. Other topics in the in-depth interview include:
- The newly launched LF Zennor Japan Equity Income fund.
- The Topix’s ‘stealth bull market’ under Abenomics.
- How domestic investors and corporates continue to change their behaviour, under pressure from the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Activism in Japan at an ‘all-time high’.
- Entrepreneurism and fund management
- The nature of growth at a reasonable price.
- How long Japan’s shareholder returns story could run.
- The ‘massively undervalued’ yen.